- 1 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 gram of yeast
- 1 Plastic 2 Litre Soft drink bottle
HOW to Make:
- Cut the plastic bottle into half.
- Mix brown sugar with hot water.
- Let cool.
- When cold, pour in the bottom half of the bottle.
- Add the yeast. No need to stir. It creates Carbon Dioxide, which attracts mosquitoes.
- Place the funnel part, upside down, into the other half of the bottle, taping them together if desired.
- Wrap the bottle with something black, masking tape or piece of cloth, leaving the top uncovered, and place it outside in an area away from your normal gathering area (Mosquitoes are also drawn to the color black).
Change the solution every 2 weeks for continuous control.
Image source: instructables.com