Recipe by Flo Food Fusion
- 8 cups cake flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 4 Tbs margarine (optional)
- 20g instant yeast
- 500-600 ml lukewarm water
- In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients together and rub the margarine into the flour,
- In a separate cup mix a little warm water and yeast and leave for few minutes to foam,
- Add the yeast mixture into the flour mixture and the rest of the water slowly and knead the dough well until elastic and smooth,
- Place the dough on a lightly floured bowl, cover with greased plastic wrap and rest until it doubles in size, it doesn’t matter how long it rests, just as long as it doubles in size because temperatures in winter vary.
- Place dough in a greased enamel dish and steam in a large pot of boiling water with a lid on for 1 hour.
For best results, leave dumpling to steam for at least 45 mins without opening the lid, use a toothpick to check if dumpling is cooked; toothpick should come out clean when ready